- Feb 11, 2018 - Feb 18, 2019
15:00 - 08:00
Detox your body and mind and reconnect to yourself while supporting a good cause. Escape the cold weather to be part of an unforgettable yoga retreat in amazing Cambodia. The retreat location is embedded in the peaceful, green countryside outside Cambodia’s capital Phnom Penh, the ideal environment to let go of the stresses and distractions of your daily life. Spend time with an inspiring group of people from all over the world. While nourishing your body, mind and soul, you also support a good cause: the retreat will be held at the Smiling Gecko Foundation. Smiling Gecko is a Switzerland based organisation that helps people from the worst slums in Cambodia by giving them a home to live and professional training. This means the people who cook for you, who provide room service for you and the people who grow the organic food that you will eat have all been saved from a miserable life in poverty.
- Martin Becker (E-RYT 500)
- English & German
Dates & times
- Sun, Feb 11, 2018, 18:00 – Sun, Feb 18, 2018, 11:00
In our fun and creative yoga classes – suitable for all levels – we will guide you into the deeper dimensions of yoga asanas to build strength, detoxify the body and promote optimal health and deep relaxation. Through meditation, pranayama (breathing excercises) and other techniques we will start to tune into our deeper wisdom.
What sets this yoga retreat apart from others is that between the morning and evening yoga sessions you can have any amount of personalised yoga instruction or you can learn to give / receive ThaiYoga Massage, we can do AcroYoga, or just any other yoga related activity – as much as you like! Yoga unlimited!
While nourishing your body and soul, you also support a good cause: the retreat will be held at the Smiling Gecko Foundation. Smiling Gecko is a Switzerland based organisation that helps people from the worst slums in Cambodia by giving them a home to live and professional training. This means the people who cook for you, who provide room service for you and the people who grow the organic food that you will eat have all been saved from a miserable life in poverty. Smiling Gecko works with top-notch education providers in Switzerland, e.g. the Swiss Hotel Management Academy in Lucerne and the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich to provide school education, professional training and medical services to the poorest and enabling them to start a life and become economically self-sustaining. You will stay in a 5 star accommodation, you will eat food that is as good as the food you eat at a 5 star Swiss hotel and you will eat the freshest organic food grown according to top international standards – all prepared for you and served to you by people who have been saved from poverty. This means by participating in this retreat you automatically support Smiling Gecko to fund their projects 🙂
Pictures of the location
- Pictures are loading, this might take a second 😉
Things to do
- Massage available on-site (not included in price)
- Amazing swimming pool to relax (included in price)
- Evening hike & meditation at nearby Buddhist mountain temple (included in price)
- Phnom Penh guided tour (not included in price)
- Guided tour of the Smiling Gecko project (included in price)
- 5 star accommodation in double room, i.e. you will share the room with another person.
- All rooms equipped with private bathroom, AC, and terrace underneath the house (Cambodian style, see pictures above).
Start: Sunday, Feb 11, 2018, 6:00 pm
- Please arrive by 5pm.
- 18:00 – 19:30 Relaxing yoga class
- 19:30 – 20:00 Free time
- 20:00 – 24:00 Dinner, welcome & program overview, sit together & have fun
Daily schedule Feb 12 – Feb 17
- 07:30 Light breakfast
- 08:30-9:00 Meditation & scripture
- 09:00-11:00 Yoga
- 12:00-14:00 Lunch
- 14:00-17:00 Free time/personalized yoga instruction
- 17:00-19:00 Yoga
- 19:30 Dinner
End: Sunday, Feb 18, 11am
- 07:30 Light breakfast
- 08:30 – 10:00 Yoga
- 10:00 – 11:00 Closing session & good-byes
- 11:00 – 12:00 Free time (optional)
- 12:00 – 14:00 Lunch (optional)
- English and German
- All levels welcome from beginner to advanced
- 7 nights double room
- 3 healthy meals per day
- 2 Yoga classes per day
- Daily pranayama & meditation sessions
- Personalized yoga sessions on demand, AcroYoga and ThaiMassage instruction (for groups of at least 3 people),
- Find flights e.g. on expedia.com
- We will arrange airport pickup and drop-off from and to Phnom Penh international airport for you. The retreat location is a short distance away from Phnom Penh international airport.
- Book your individual flight to Phnom Penh and notify us of your exact arrival date and time. A driver will wait for you and bring you directly from the airport to the retreat location.
- None, all levels welcome from beginner to advanced 🙂
- approx. 14
- Please note: no refund for cancellations after December 20, 2017