- Mrz 18, 2017
10:30 - 12:30
The headstand is often referred to as the king of all yoga poses. The reason for this are the numerous positive effects on body and mind that come with regular practice of this pose.. This workshop is right for you no matter if you are new to headstand or if you are already able to do the headstand but you want to refine your technique and understanding of the pose. You will be introduced to variations and preparation exercises for the headstand that are appropriate and safe for your level of yoga practice.
Date & times
- Saturday, Mar 18, 13:30 – 15:30
- Martin Becker (E-RYT 500)
In this workshop you will learn:
- The technique to come into headstand step by step so you can do the pose without any risks
- Correct hand, head, and arm position according to different styles of yoga
- Coming into headstand at the wall and the key success factors to do the pose away from the wall
- Transitions into and out of headstand from/into other poses
- Anatomy and physiology: what are the effects and benefits of this pose
- How often and for how long should you practice the pose to benefit from it?
- Yoga philosophy: why should you do the pose at all and how is this related to the philosophy of yoga?
What to bring
- Just your yoga clothes, everything else is there and included in the price (mats etc.)
- English and German
- All levels welcome from beginner to advanced
- Modifications and preparation exercises will be offered for all level – not matter if you are totally new to this asana or already quite advanced, you will get tips & tricks for your practice 🙂